Mentor UT offers a new kind of inspection experience by combining outstanding UT performance, customizable workflow applications and user interfaces, and intuitive hardware with embedded expertise—making inspections more accessible and efficient.
The entire UT flaw detector system is housed in a glove-friendly touchscreen tablet that’s as easy to use as a smartphone. Pre-loaded Mentor Create software is fully customizable, allowing for user-defined menus and workflows (apps) for step-by-step guidance through the inspection process– from calibration to probe location to analysis. Confident and educated users mean that even the most complex inspections are performed consistently every time.
Mentor UT is the first ultrasonic testing device to easily allow wireless connectivity and live streaming, so inspectors can get real-time second opinions when they need them. That same wireless cloud connectivity enables Mentor UT to remotely generate comprehensive inspection reports on users’ desktops with the click of a button.
User-defined menus can walk technicians through every step of any inspection – from probe selection and calibration to reporting – ensuring consistency across your inspections, every time, from every inspector. And with the flexibility to load multiple workflows on one device, you can guarantee easy access to the right apps for any inspection.
- Conveniently upload & analyze your inspection data on your computer
- User-defined menus walk technicians through every step of any inspection
- Flexibility to load multiple workflows on one device
- Remote communication between experts and inspector
- Remote calibration-capable
- High-performance design
- Rugged durability
- Intuitive operation
- Customize or create inspection “apps” for your unique testing procedures, industry applications, and experience levels
Mentor UT Features
- High-Performance Design Powers Efficiency
- Mentor UT was designed around user needs. Its intuitive glove-friendly touch screen and a durability rating of IP65allow for more accurate and efficient inspections, under any industrial conditions.
- Perform inspections confidently using Mentor UT’s powerful 32:32 phased array flaw detector (upgradable to 32:128)with conventional UT channel and 18kHz pulse repetition frequency (PRF).
- Performance smarter end-to-end inspections with confidence
- Ensure that UT inspections are performed consistently every time by custom-tailoring workflows (apps) to guide users through the calibration and inspection process step by step. On-board wireless connectivity and data export capabilities streamline one-touch reporting and analysis (offline analysis software included).
- On-demand live support empowers inspectors to make on the spot maintenance decisions anywhere, anytime.
- Unmatched Versatility
- Mentor UT also features unmatched probe versatility. Choose from commonly found Tyco or Ipex probe connection options, or industry-standard Phasor-style connector for improved probe compatibility.
- This device also easily pairs with Waygate Technologies’ industry-leading dual-element linear DM probes for corrosion inspection, linear array probes for weld testing and composite inspection, as well as a wide variety of commercially available scanners.