Portable and lightweight phased array ultrasound inspection starts here
The innovative comPAct technology opens up new and versatile application possibilities if you are looking for ultra-portable, ergonomic and easy-to-use solutions. You can conveniently take Krautkrämer RotoAray comPAct with you anywhere into the field, while benefiting from equipment miniaturization, associated weight reduction, high connectivity and lower upfront costs.
Waygate Technologies has developed and integrated a disruptive and unique technology into the proven RotoArray roller probe that redefines phased array inspection and makes it easier and faster for everyone: comPAct.
The most cost-effective lightweight PA solution
The brand new patented technology of comPAct compresses the functionality of PA electronics into a half-thumb-sized chip. The miniaturized instrument electronics enable a 100x reduction in volume and a 20x reduction in power consumption compared to traditional PA instruments, allowing the instruments to be easily powered from a tablet or PC via a USB connection. Minimal size and light weight offer maximum flexibility for housing PA electronics in a box, directly in a scanner, or even in the PA probe itself.
comPAct paves new ways for lighter, simpler and more cost-effective UT phased array applications.
- Krautkrämer RotoArray comPAct is a small and lightweight yet powerful all-in-one solution in the palm of your hand and allows maximum portability. There is no additional phased array instrument required as all the necessary PA electronics are integrated directly into the probe. As a true lightweight, the probe weighs just 0.85 kg empty and 1.2 kg filled with glycol.
- You can easily connect Krautkrämer RotoArray comPAct to a tablet or PC via USB connection to operate the probe and display A, B, and C-scan images.
Ease of Use
- Thanks to the instruments’ ergonomic design Krautkrämer RotoArray comPAct is very comfortable to handle. The step-by-step instructions ensure easy and comprehensive operation, which is particularly suitable for phased array entry-level users. In addition, pre-configured settings can be easily selected from a menu and streamline the process. The Mentor UT-based software application ensures intuitive guidance through system set-up, calibration and the manual phased array inspection process.
- The high connectivity of Krautkrämer RotoArray comPAct enables faster data insights. The roller probe can be easily connected to a tablet or PC simply via USB port. With a Wi-Fi or cellular-enabled tablet or PC, you can connect to an available on-site network to share and store inspection data.
Krautkrämer RotoArray comPAct is designed for ergonomic, high-speed large area inspection with improved probability of detection (PoD) for composite material inspection in the aerospace, space and , wind energy industries.
The versatile applications include:
- Composite materials inspection of aerospace structures, wind turbine blades, aluminium blades and aircraft skins (wings, fuselage), helicopter blades and complex composite castings
- Detection and sizing of delamination and disbonds
- Thickness measurements, material loss
- Detection and quantification of internal porosity